- Samford has won all three of the teams' meetings. The Bulldogs won the inaugural meeting 1-0 in 2008, and edged the Apps, 1-0 in double overtime last season. In the three games, Samford has outscored Appalachian, 6-0.
- Appalachian leads the all-time series with Chattanooga, 12-3-2. The Lady Mocs' last win came in a 2-1 overtime game in 2009, while the Apps posted a 3-1 victory last season. The Black and Gold won four of the last five games against Chattanooga.
APPS' LAST WEEKEND
- On Friday, Davidson scored in the third minute to take the quick lead. A penalty goal and score by eventual SoCon player of the week Stephanie Gerow clinched the 3-0 win for the wildcats. ASU goalie Amy Kolowsky had six saves in the outing.
- In Sunday's game against Georgia Southern, senior Katy Dodd scored the game's first goal in the 77th minute to put Appalachian in front. The Eagles responded with two goals in the final five minutes, including one with 1.3 seconds remaining, to rally for the 2-1 win.
- Freshman Julia Holz continues to lead the Mountaineers with five goals on the season. Dodd has three goals and one assist, while senior Sydney Hill and junior Hannah Coad each have a team-high four assists.
SCOUTING THE BULLDOGS
- Samford enters the weekend riding a six-game unbeaten streak (4-0-2). The team's most-recent loss was to Vanderbilt on Sept. 18.
- Thursday, the Bulldogs hosted canine-rivals Wofford. Samford held the Terriers without a shot on goal in the first half, as the Bulldogs cruised to a 3-0 victory.
- In Samford's 2-1 triumph at Furman on Sunday, sophomore Trine Taule scored the game-winning goal in the fifth minute of double overtime to earn the Bulldogs' sudden-victory.
- Sarah Wilkinson has a team-high six shots to date, while Adrianne Mancino leads the Bulldogs with three assists. Alyssa Whitehead has served all but 10 minutes of goalkeeper duties and has 78 saves, 15 goals allowed, and three shutouts.
SAMFORD QUICK FACTS
Location: Samford, Ala.
2010 Record: 13-6-3
2010 SoCon Record/Finish: 8-2-1 (2nd)
Head Coach: Todd Yelton (King, 1991)
Coach's Record at Samford: 116-52-28 (10th season)
Coach's Career Record: 156-84-32 (14th season)
SCOUTING THE LADY MOCS
- Chattanooga started the season 5-1-1 but has struggled since. The Lady Mocs suffered a pair of overtime losses last weekend, falling to Furman (3-4, ot) and Wofford (2-3, 2ot) to slide to 0-6 in league play.
- Despite its six-game losing streak, the team has been competitive in every match. UTC lost each of its last four games by only one goal, and the Lady Mocs have only been shutout once this season-a 0-4 defeat by Austin Peay on Aug. 21.
- Becca Smith ranks No. 9 nationally in goals scored after racking up 12 scores this year. Complemented by four assists, her 28 points rank 11th in points per game. Donna Kay Henry leads in assists with six, and Taylor Mangrum has played all 13 games in goal, recording 87 saves while yielding 37 goals against.
CHATTANOOGA QUICK FACTS
Location: Chattanooga, Tenn.
2010 Record: 4-13-2
2010 SoCon Record/Finish: 2-7-2 (11th)
Head Coach: J.D. Kyzer (USC Spartanburg, 1985)
Coach's Record at Chattanooga: 76-117-17 (12th season)
Coach Career Record: 134-147-21