Yosef Club/Athletic Development Internship Description
The Yosef Club at Appalachian State University is accepting applications for fall internships (4 openings available). This position is designed to approximate the fall academic semester and run from the first week of September to the second week of December. The selected candidates will receive broad-based exposure to many facets of the complex and rewarding field of intercollegiate athletic development. Our goal is to provide each internship participant with concrete skills, meaningful work experience and substantive work product that will benefit them in their pursuit of a career in intercollegiate athletic development.
• Be energetic, responsible, organized and motivated to assist the Yosef Club in carrying out the development plan for one of the top intercollegiate athletic programs in the Sun Belt Conference.
• Ability to maintain consistent office hours each week (we will work with your schedule).
• Availability to work all home football games and select major events that are TBA.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
• Support event management, game day operations for Appalachian State football games
• Provide front line customer service by answering incoming calls and emails
• Assist with donor gift and event payment processing
• Assist the Athletic Development Team in the creation/implementation of programming
• Support donor benefit distribution, stewardship and solicitation efforts as assigned
• Other daily assignments as assigned by the Athletic Development team
• College Credit (as approved by your program of study).
• Access to all events worked.
• Gain knowledge and experience in athletic development and game management
• Complimentary merchandise and apparel when available
• Be involved with one of the premier Division I athletic programs in the country
• Networking opportunities
Please submit a cover letter, resume and the names, addresses and phone numbers of two professional references to: Ginny Thompson, Assistant Director for Development, 425 Jack Branch Drive Boone, NC 28608, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To receive full consideration, application materials must be submitted by August 6, 2016. For questions or additional information, please call (828) 262-7876.The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.