BOONE, N.C. - Appalachian State University women's basketball will return to the High Country on Saturday to host SoCon opponent, Davidson at 2 p.m. in the Holmes Center.
The Mountaineers (6-11, 3-4 SoCon) will play the second-ranked Wildcats (9-9, 6-1) this weekend after notching their third conference win against UNCG last Sunday. Davidson comes off a 79-66 victory against Georgia Southern, winning its third-straight game.
App vs. DC
• Appalachian will look to improve to 4-4 in the conference on Saturday when they take on Davidson College at 2 p.m.
• Saturday will mark the 46th meeting between the two teams, who have played each other every season since 1993.
• The Mountaineers hold a 26-19 all-time record over the Wildcats.
• The Apps are 6-5 against the Wildcats under head coach Darcie Vincent.
• Davidson has currently won the last four contests between the two teams.
• In the last meeting, Davidson took the game with a score of 56-49.
• 2013-14 returner Maryah Sydnor had 18 points and eight rebounds in the loss, while Katie Mallow notched eight points.
All About the Apps
Appalachian State • 6-11, 3-4
• The Mountaineers split their games last weekend, losing to Elon 66-54 and beating UNCG 75-56.
• Sydnor led the Apps in the win, scoring 27 points, three-points shy of her career-high.
• Bria Huffman continued to be a scoring threat for App State, scoring 14 points.
• KeKe Cooper led the team in rebounding, pulling down eight rebounds and scoring eight points.
• Michelle Taylor had arguably the best game of her career against UNCG, dishing out nine assists, grabbing seven rebounds and finding four steals at the point guard position.
• Sydnor continues to lead the league in scoring (20.4 ppg) and free throw percentage (87.4), while Cooper leads in field goal percentage (59.5) and blocked shots (2.1).
• Appalachian is shooting 42.0 percent from the floor this season, while holding opponents to a 41.0 percentage.
Scouting the Wildcats
Davidson • 9-9, 6-1
• The Wildcats are second in the SoCon rankings after only losing one conference game so far this season against Chattanooga.
• Davidson comes off a win against Georgia Southern with a score of 79-66.
• The Wildcats had three players score in double-figures as Hannah Early led the way with 22 points, followed by Laura Murray with 19 and rounded out by Dakota Dukes with 10 points.
• Murray leads Davidson in scoring on the season, averaging 18.9 points per game.
• Murray ranks second in the SoCon, right behind Sydnor, in points per game this season.
• Dukes leads the team in rebounding with an average of 7.7 rebounds per game.
• Davidson is second in the league in scoring offense, averaging 69.8 ponts per game this season.
• The Wildcats have also had success from the three-point line, posessing a 34.9 field goal percentage from behind the arc.
• Davidson only averages 35.4 rebounds per game, while Appalachian averages 40.2.
• The Mountaineers will have a day off before taking on Georgia Southern on Monday at 6 p.m. in the Holmes Center.