BOONE, N.C. - Appalachian State University women's basketball will host Southern Conference opponent Chattanooga on Monday at 6 p.m. in the Holmes Center.
The Mountaineers (5-9, 2-2 SoCon) are set to play Chatt (13-3, 5-0) after defeating SoCon foe Samford on Saturday afternoon in the High Country. The Mocs come off a 77-57 win against Western Carolina this past weekend.
App vs. Chatt
• Appalachian will look for its third-straight conference victory on Monday vs. Chattanooga.
• Monday will mark the 79th meeting between App State and Chatt.
• The Mocs currently hold a 51-27 all-time record against the Mountaineers.
• Under head coach Darcie Vincent, the Apps are 4-9 against the Mocs.
• Chattanooga has won the last three meetings between the two teams, with all three wins coming during the 2012-13 season.
• In the last meeting, Chattanooga took a 72-67 win over Appalachian in the semifinal round of the 2012-13 SoCon tournament.
• 2013-14 returners Maryah Sydnor and Katie Mallow both recorded 10 points in the loss, while Bria Huffman notched eight points on the game.
All About the Apps
Appalachian State • 5-9, 2-2
• The Mountaineers will play Chattanooga after beating Samford on Saturday with a score of 61-47.
• Sydnor led the Apps, scoring 24 points and grabbing six rebounds on the game.
• Huffman also scored in double-figures for the Mountaineers with 11 points in the win.
• Sydnor continues to lead the SoCon in scoring, averaging 20.2 points per game.
• Sydnor also ranks 36th in the country in points per game.
• Sydnor is first in the SoCon and 37th in the nation in free throw percentage with a mark of 87.7 this season.
• Sydnor is also ranked 31st in the national rankings in double-doubles on the season, recording seven.
• KeKe Cooper holds the top spot in the conference in field goal percentage with a mark of 58.1.
• Cooper also ranks first in the SoCon in blocked shots with an average of 2.3 per game.
• Appalachian State currently ranks first in the Southern Conference in rebounding margin (+5.0) and steals (9.3).
• The Mountaineers are shooting 41.3 percent from the floor this season while opponents have shot 40.7 percent.
Scouting the Mocs
Chattanooga • 13-3, 5-0
• The Mocs come off a 77-57 win over Western Carolina on Saturday, continuing their undefeated conference record.
• Chelsey Shumpert led the Mocs in the victory, scoring 16 points.
• Two other players scored in double-figures with Taylor Hall notching 15 points and Ashlen Dewart tallying 11 points in the win.
• Hall leads the team in scoring this season with an average of 13.8 points per game, followed by Dewart with 10.8.
• Hall also leads Chatt in rebounding with an average of 8.8 rebounds per game.
• Chattanooga leads the conference in scoring offense (70.1) and scoring defense (60.2), as well as scoring margin (+9.9) this season.
• Chatt is also first in rebounding defense (34.6), assists (15.6) and turnover margin (+2.38).
• The Mocs have shot a SoCon leading 44.9 field goal percentage this season, while opponents have shot 38.0 percent against them.
• In Appalachian and Chatt's last meeting, Hall had 17 points on the game, while Dewart recorded 16.
• The Mountaineers will travel to Elon on Friday, Jan. 17 for a SoCon game beginning at 7 p.m.