NO. 17/16 APPALACHIAN STATE 55, COASTAL CAROLINA 14
SEPTEMBER 29, 2012 • BOONE, N.C. (KIDD BREWER STADIUM)
- Appalachian State (3-2) set season highs with 684 total yards (prev. 419, Sept. 1 at East Carolina), 190 passing yards (prev. 300, Sept. 1 at East Carolina) and rushing yards (prev. 253, Sept 15 vs. The Citadel).
- Appalachian's 684 yards of total offense were its most since it had 712 yards in a 52-16 win over Georgia Southern on Oct. 24, 2009.
- Appalachian, which led 21-0 after one quarter and 34-14 at halftime, had 286 yards of offense in the first quarter and 405 in the first half.
- Appalachian moved to 3-0 all-time versus Coastal Carolina (2-3).
- Appalachian won its 16th-straight game over current members of the Big South Conference (last loss: vs. Liberty, 25-19, Nov. 22, 1997). Appalachian moved to 42-15-2 all-time against current Big South members.
- In its three all-time wins over CCU (previous meetings came in 2005 regular season, 2006 NCAA Division I Football Championship first round), Appalachian has outscored the Chanticleers 95-14 in the first half. Appalachian led 34-14 at halftime on Saturday.
- Appalachian State senior running back Steven Miller had a career-high 202 rushing yards on just 17 carries (11.9 avg.). The 200-yard rushing game was the first by a Mountaineer since had 264 yards vs. Western Illinois in the second round of the NCAA Division I Football Championship and the first for an Appalachian State running back since Kevin Richardson had 208 yards vs. Georgia Southern on Oct. 15, 2005.
- Redshirt freshman wide receiver Sean Price tied a school record with his third-consecutive 100-yard receiving game, catching eight passes for 128 yards. He tied the school record shared by (2011), DaVon Fowlkes (2004) and Bob Agle (1968). Price is the only freshman in Appalachian State history with multiple 100-yard receiving games.