NO. 13/12 APPALACHIAN STATE 28, NO. 25 SAMFORD 25
OCTOBER 13, 2012 - BIRMINGHAM, ALA. (SEIBERT STADIUM)
- With its fourth-straight win, Appalachian State moved to 5-2 overall and 3-1 in Southern Conference play.
- Samford dropped to 5-2 overall and 3-2 in SoCon play.
- Appalachian State moved to 6-1 all-time versus Samford with its fifth-straight win over the Bulldogs. The Mountaineers are 4-0 all-time against the Bulldogs in Birmingham.
- Appalachian State remains as the only Southern Conference team that Samford has not defeated since it joined the conference in 2008.
- Appalachian State limited Samford to 339 yards, SU's lowest offensive output of the season (prev. 347 at Western Carolina on Sept. 22).
- Appalachian State had a season-high six sacks (prev. 4 at Chattanooga on Sept. 22 and vs. Elon on Oct. 6).
- For the second-straight week, senior running back Steven Miller set a career high for receptions (six) and receiving yards (92).
- Joel Ross' 17-yard interception return for Appalachian State's first touchdown was the first interception and first touchdown of the sophomore's career.
- Junior Adam Scott made his second-career start in place of injured Deuce Robinson at the rush position and set career highs with three sacks, three tackles for loss and seven tackles.